A vision board, sometimes known as a dream board, consists of a collection of images that help you visualise the things you wish to manifest in your life. These can be material things, such as a home or a car, or situations, such as a dream job or relationship.
Here are 10 tips to help you create and use your vision board.
1. Consider what you wish to use to mount your images. You may have a cork board, on which you can pin your pictures, a scrapbook in which you can paste your images, or simply a large piece of cardboard on which you can make a collage. Bear in mind that you may want to change the images frequently, so it is ideal if they are not too difficult to remove.
2. Decide whether you want one board for all your images, or several that you can theme. For example, one with pictures of your ideal home, one with images of your dream vacation, and so on. The scrapbook works well for this as you can use the pages for different themes.
3. Get clear on what you really desire. This is the most important step of all. When you look at your images, it is important that they give you the feeling you will have when your manifestation is here. If your picture gives you no feeling of excitement, happiness, peace or whatever it is you want to feel, then it will not be effective in helping you to manifest and may be a clue that this is not truly a heart’s desire.
4. Start looking for images. You may find these in newspapers, magazines, brochures, promotional booklets, calendars – in fact any kind of illustrated printed matter. You may also find pictures that you can print from websites on the internet. Cut them out and add them tou your board.
5. Consider taking your own photographs too. This can make the subject more personal. For example, you could take pictures of an area you would like to move to, the car you have just test-driven, the furniture you like in the showroom, and so on.
6. Include some pictures that simply make you feel good. They may be pictures of an evening with friends that brings back enjoyable memories, a picture of yourself having fun in a favourite holiday destination, or simply a beautiful sunset that stirs a feeling of peace and serenity. Anything that makes you smile, or, even better, laugh out loud, is also excellent.
7. Place your vision board somewhere prominent, so that you will see it often throughout the day. If you are out much of the time, make a mini one in a small notebook that you can keep in your purse or briefcase. The more often you see your images, the more you will magnetise your desires to you.
8. It is most important that you get a strong, positive feeling from looking at your images. Sometimes, if you have been looking at an image for some time it can feel a bit stale. If this happens, change it so that you get a tangible good feeling again. For instance, you may still want the same car, so get an image from another angle, or in an exciting environment.
9. Make time each day to have a concentrated look at your images. Spend a few minutes thinking about each thing you intend to manifest, feel what it will be like when it is here, how your life will change. Feel those positive changes. Imagine what you will be doing, what differences it will make to your routine, what you will be saying and thinking.
10. Enjoy it! It is meant to be fun! It is all about aligning your vibration with the things you desire that are being held in waiting for you. So go ahead and give it a go and make your dreams a reality!
My name is Dawn Dowsett and I am passionate about empowering people to live life to the full. My website offers information and resources about personal growth, creating your own reality, the law of attraction, abundance and prosperity, health and wellness, healing, and spirituality. You will also find articles on working from home and creating a website. Visit http://www.TrueAspiration.com now and download your free prosperity ebook.